Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pretty Patches

Ever since posting this, I’ve been seeing lovely vintage patchwork in all kinds of places!

It makes me want to grab a quilt and head out at dusk to lay out and watch the stars… summer is such a fantastic time to lay in the grass and look up at the sky.

weheartit

We have a lovely quilt that was given to us as a wedding present. It’s not vintage, it’s retail, but the muted colors are perfect for so many different places in our house, and we get plenty of use from it! I’ve always admired the hand-stitched quilts.  There’s something so beautiful about the imperfect hems and stitches that you just can’t find in a manufactured or machine-stitched piece. I often find unfinished quilt tops while on my flea market adventures and wish so badly that I had the time and the know-how to finish one. 

Do you know how to quilt?  I’d be uber impressed if you did.  p.s. how lovely would it be to take a boat ride beneath those quilts?! {sigh}

I hope you’re having a fantastic Wednesday!

xo,

Chels

3 comments:

Jr. Mint said...

Oh how I would love to lounge on a lake in that boat. Sounds like the perfect place for a nap!

Roxanne said...

I love me some patchwork and it's actually really easy. I have a blanket problem so I know what you mean.

EVA said...

I don't know how to quilt but I do love a nice quilt. They really add character to a room.