Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ch-ch-changes.

Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve officially undergone a major transition here at the Ahlgrim Haus. I, Chelsea Ahlgrim- the girl who in college swore she was a liberated woman and would always work outside the home- am officially a stay-at-home mom. Two weeks ago I left behind my  high heels, pencils skirts, and corporate office job in favor of leggings, cardigans, and food crumbs in my hair. And I love it. And I feel so blessed to have been able to do this! I spend every day with my little girl and she brings me so much joy! It’s been quite a transition, but I feel fairly certain that it is EXACTLY where I’m supposed to be.

I’m excited for the impending holiday season because I get to actually enjoy them without the black cloud of returning to work looming over my head. Does anyone else experience that? My holidays and weekends used to be practically ruined every time I considered the fact that I would have to return to work in X number of hours. Now I live what I love.

Is it easy? hell no. In fact, it’s more difficult- physically, mentally, and emotionally- than any other job I’ve ever held. But it’s ten times more rewarding. I got to see my little girl take her first steps. She’s learned four new words/ phrases since I came home, and making her laugh is such an amazing feeling. My husband can come home to a (mostly) clean house, and I’m not too tired to cook dinner anymore. I also have a regular devotional time again. Before, it was difficult to find time to sit and read and be with the Lord because I spent the majority of my day in the office. Now I sit down every morning between 8:30 and 9 a.m. and have a sweet time of rejoicing, praise, and confession with God.

But that’s not the only transition we’ve made. My husband switched jobs and also took on an internship at our church. There has been lots of growth around here recently and I feel as though God is preparing our hearts for even more growth and change. Adding another little one to our family in March will certainly shake things up, but I feel like there’s more headed our way… we’ll just have to wait and see.

So appropriate that this transition has happened during the month of November, when being thankful is at the forefront of our minds. I can’t even describe how blessed I feel- even on the days that are hard.

More updates: I’m no longer able to take sessions for 2012, and I won’t start booking 2013 until after the baby comes next Spring. That is one LONG leave of absence, but it’s something I’ve prayed about and feel strongly about for our family.  I’ll be doing a post soon with many sessions that I’ve not blogged yet! There are lots!

Also, IT’S A BOY! and we couldn’t be happier!

ITSABOY

thanks so much to all of our friends and family for their continued love and support throughout all of our changes recently. We love you and couldn’t do it without you!

xo,

Chels

1 comment:

Anna said...

Congrats to you and your sweet family! What awesome changes!!! Little boys are so fun!