Saturday, November 30, 2013

Two. Years. Old.

I can't even believe I'm saying this, but Vesper is going to be two years old tomorrow. TWO. Two years. 24 months. I can't even... I mean... how? I have no idea. But there are a lot of things I want to remember about Vesper at 2 years old. Here are a few of my favorite things about 2-year-old Birdy:
(p.s. read my letter to Vesper at ONE year old here!)


My sweet Vesper Sparrow,
This past year has been a whirlwind. With the arrival of your brother, I worried that you would have trouble adjusting, but you are just as sweet and loving and lively as ever! You know all of your letters on sight, you can count to twenty and recognize numbers to twenty as well. You can recite the alphabet, know lots of colors, and tons of words and songs. You also know many animals and their sounds and you love to play the "What animal is that?" game. You are speaking extremely clearly and can carry on a conversation fairly well. Your favorite song right now is "What Does The Fox Say?" by Ylvis. You also like to sing along with your Sesame Street DVD. Your favorite TV show is Team Umizoomi, but you also love Yo Gabba Gabba and Super Why. Daddy recently introduced you to football and you've enjoyed a few games with him too! Your favorite food is Panera's broccoli cheese soup with potato chips and you're beginning to wield that spoon quite well! Other favorite foods include macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, and pink sprinkle donuts. You know, just the healthy stuff.
Every  morning when I come into your room, you give me the biggest smile and tell me all about the stuffed animals in your crib, and every night when we go up to bed, you climb the stairs on your hands and knees. You recently moved from your highchair to a booster seat, and every meal you just have to touch mom and dad with your dirty, sticky hands and give sticky-mouthed kisses!
Your favorite place in the whole world is "Mommabed!" and I really cherish all the cuddles we have there. A close second would be the park or church. You've become such an excellent helper with your baby brother and I love seeing the way you are becoming more and more affectionate with him. I think you'll be great friends soon! Right now, your best friend is Mykah Marlin.
Little girl, you're a force of nature. You are full of everything that is right with the world and it is an absolute joy to be your momma! Thank you for being my sweet Birdy girl!
xo,
Mom

No comments: