Monday, February 6, 2012

Two. Months. Old.

2months3-1text

Little Sparrow,

How in the world did I let TWO whole months go by so quickly? You’re growing like crazy and I love every minute of it! Well, maybe not the minutes when you’re pooping on me, but even those have a special charm. We learn each other more and more each and every day. It’s a dance, my love. We have to learn it slowly, and stumble a few times before we get it right. And as soon as we get the steps, the rhythm changes. But my goodness, what a beautiful melody.

I love being your momma. You are so beautiful inside and out.  You started smiling about two weeks ago- just in time for Momma to return to work. Bummer. But you still save plenty of smiles just for me. Those are my favorite moments, Little Bird- when we’re all alone in the dark, quiet house eating that dreadfully early morning feeding and you stop, look me straight in the eye, and grin a big, gummy smile! And then all the milk runs out of your mouth and all over me and we both smell like spoiled yogurt for the rest of the day, but that’s okay, because I love you. You still hate getting your clothes changed, and you’re not a fan of your carseat, but we’re working on it. Here’s to another month of growing, playing, laughing, learning, and dancing the dance.

All my love,

Momma

2months1-12months6-12months4-1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chels,
your blog is beautifuly done. I enjoy taking breaks to see what you have to say every now and then.