Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolution: Make More Messes


I had wanted to get Vesper a little tree of her own to decorate, but I realize she's probably just a bit to little for that still. So we did the next best thing: we decorated a paper tree with paint and "ornaments". She loved it and it actually turned out very pretty and colorful! This girl loves to paint. It's in her blood. She's constantly asking me to paint! It's just so much work to get out the drop cloth, cover the high chair, get out the paints, set up a palette, and get her started. And of course there's always this mess to clean up:


But then we end up with something like this:


And this little smile:


And I realize it's worth it. I don't want to be a mom who's afraid of messes. Sometimes the mess is where we learn the most.

xo,
Chelsea

No comments: