Friday, September 16, 2011

Smith Family | Portraits

It’s such a small world… back in 2007, I was a newlywed- a junior in college with a husband that was deployed overseas and absolutely beside myself.  How was I going to deal with all the new stress that had come into my life so suddenly?  A forum for wives of military men called “Soldiers Girls” became my refuge.  I made lots of connections and friends and even though we’re no longer “military”, those friendships have remained!  One of the friends I met through SG was a young woman named Tricia. She was getting ready to marry her sweetheart- a soldier in the Army (their wedding was beautiful, by the way)

Soon after, Tricia and her husband were re-stationed to Ft. Sill, Oklahoma! Just a short jaunt from my home base of OKC!  Their little family expanded to include two beautiful babies- Autumn, now 2, and Cole, now 4 months!

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of photographing their family on their last weekend in Oklahoma. They’re moving on once again to another base. I’m so blessed to have been able to capture some beautiful moments with their family.

DSC_0983edited

DSC_0946watermark

DSC_0953watermark

DSC_1014watermark

DSC_1100watermarkDSC_1106edited bwDSC_1406watermark

DSC_0916watermark

Good luck and God bless, Smith family!

1 comment:

Mel said...

What a beautiful family and great shoot. Best wishes to all of them!