Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Grey, Grey Room

Styling Grey's nursery was pretty tricky. We had little to no budget and although we would be moving him into Vesper's room, we wanted something very different from the kitschy vintage-vibe of Vesper's nursery. In the end, we spent only $110 and that was just on the crib. Everything else came from shopping our own house!

We wanted a clean, modern take on Southwestern Cowboy. Even though we stuck with the more classic dresser and glider, I think we achieved the look we wanted- and well within our budget!



The Crib is the Sniglar Crib from Ikea. We could have painted it, but I really liked the modern look of the raw wood, so we left it alone. Ryan was very happy with this decision. The blanket is from a vintage shop, the shelves and rug are both from Target. 


One o fmy favorite elements in the entire room is the faux cow hide! I made this from craft paper and acrylic paint and then crushed it to make it look soft and worn. I absolutely lov ethe way it turned out! The dresser was previously used in Vesper's nursery, as well as the glider. Curtains were a DIY from sheets.

Another favorite is this vintage lamp/ planter that my mom found at an antique store. It's so unique!

The details always matter! An owl puppet from Ikea, desk lamp from Target, and vintage perfume bottle double as a totem pole.

More details- vintage drums from various antique stores and a couple of teddy bears from my husband's childhood.

The gallery wall was really fun to put together! The Rugged and Manly print was a baby shower gift, as was the Bible verse. I sketched the cactus, and the cattle hook was a birthday gift!

This blanket was made by Grey's Gramma (Ryan's mom). It's very special to us! I made the artwork, and the sweet little flannel arrows were a gift from friends.

I think he's pretty pleased with it! I hope you enjoyed a little peek at Grey's room!

xo,
Chels

No comments: