Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Makings of a Weekend: Social Media-Free Version

This was a beautiful weekend. Ryan and I decided to turn off our phones and refrain from any social media so that we could really pour into our kiddos and soak up some time with them. I think it paid off. In fact, I think we need to make it a regular thing.

Moments from this weekend that I don't want to forget:

1. Seeing my husband walk through the door at the end of a long day with beautiful, huge, pink lilies in his hands just for me.


2. Sneaking out for a nice, quiet walk just as the sun was edging over the horizon- just my baby boy and me. The only sounds were crickets, sprinklers, and my feet hitting the pavement to the rhythm of the stroller wheels. We walked to the park and soaked up some quiet time together. I read Psalms out loud to him and he just grinned at me. Then I held him as he drifted off to sleep, head rested on my shoulder, drooling like crazy.



3. Vesper singing "Jesus Loves Me" for the first time at the kitchen table



4. Ryan tickling Grey and getting the biggest belly laughs out of him!

5. Walking into our bedroom and finding Ryan and Grey sleeping face to face in our sun-drenched bed, blankets crushed and surrounding them like a nest

6. Standing in the dark of Vesper's room singing our usual nightly songs. This time it was a praise song and as I sang to her and balanced her on my hip with one hand, closing my eyes and raising my right hand in an act of worship. Opening my eyes & seeing Vesper- arms stretched high toward the sky, smiling her huge, sweet smile.

God is so good to give us even one day together in such a beautiful life... I hope yours was just as sweet.

xo,
Chels

No comments: