Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summerization: Dining Room

I couldn’t very well make over the entire living room and leave the poor dining room in the dark. I mean look at it:

DSC_0424

DSC_0215

Pitiful. And dying.

But not anymore!

DSC_0453

A mirror and some pretty mercury glass accessories really opened up the space and multiplied the light from the big windows

DSC_0456

And my favorite measuring cups from Anthropologie are filling in as candleholders on the candleabra.  A lovely picture of my Nana and a vintage pitcher balance out the color.

DSC_0455

I love the idea that it almost feels like a dresser display for a girl’s bedroom in the 50s or 60s! Although I have to be honest, I’m not thrilled with the oval-shaped pictures flanking either side of the mirror- I love the pictures, just not for the space. I’m pretty much just using them as place-holders until I find something I like better. It’s an ongoing process, no?

DSC_0454

It feels much more like summer in the Ahlgrim Haus now <3

xochels

No comments: