Monday, July 4, 2011

Summerization: Living Area

Our living room usually looks a bit warm and plain- cream couch, rust colored pillows and rug, beige, beige, beige, etc.

SANY2553

Now, in our living room’s defense, this picture is a bit old, but really, not much has changed about the ol’ LR. So, inspired by the lovely Everly Floral Dress (available now in the Red Dirt Revival Vintage Shop), I took to the living room armed with accessories in bright, summery colors and patterns. The result was absolutely fantastic!

DSC_0461

Using red as my main accent color, I was able to build on the color palette of the rug (rust, gold, and turquoise). I threw in splashes of aqua, green, blue, yellow, orange- you name it! Fun textiles have replaced the sea of beige.

DSC_0463

DSC_0450

DSC_0434

The fireplace got a hand from some of my favorite vintage floral embroidered pieces as well as a few other colorful vessels.

DSC_0439

DSC_0448

DSC_0446

DSC_0447

I even created a few vignettes using items that were lying around the house- an art display using vintage art and vintage scarves (inspired by this instagram by Kelly of Design Crush)

DSC_0443

a bright splash was added to the white tv stand

DSC_0466

and a collection of lonely vintage hearts came together to create a fun side table display

DSC_0440

another favorite vignette was created from two vintage suitcases repurposed as a small tabletop

DSC_0452

Pretty fun, right? And all for zero dollars. I love free space makeovers!

But we’re not done yet! This dark (and dying, yikes!) dining room needs some love… coming up next, I’ll show you how I made it pretty and cheerful for summer!

DSC_0424

xochels

No comments: