Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Thanks

November is a great month to reflect on all the things for which we should be extremely thankful. Every day this month, I will list the things that have made me grateful- some silly and some serious!
Day 1
Pretzel M&Ms. If you are the inventor of these…*whispers* “call me…” I’m just saying. We could make beautiful treats together…

 Post-it notes. I may not have mentioned my love for post-it notes to you guys before, but let me be very clear: If it were socially acceptable, I would attach a stack of these to my bosom- close to my heart- and use them every chance I got.  In fact, I might even use them in lieu of actual speech.  At work, I use them almost as much as I use email. Yep. I’m that girl in the office. They’re wonderful.  The guy next to you took up two parking spaces and you want to (passive aggressively) tell him he’s a jackass but are scared that he might be super huge and might beat you up? Post-it. (Anonymity is key here.)  Need your neighbors to NOT ride their ATVs through your suburban neighborhood at 3 a.m.? Post-it. (Right smack on their front door.) Need a reminder that you should put on a bra before running out to do your errands? Post-it. (On your mirror, back door, AND steering wheel should do the trick.) 

Allrecipes.comDid I have to google how to steam broccoli? Maybe. (Don’t judge me, I don’t have a steamer-strainer!)  That’s not the point (, jerk). The point is that I found a fantastic recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and it’s going to make my husband fall in love with me all over again AND there will be steamed broccoli with our teriyaki chicken tonight.

The Prepared Pantry

AllieThis is my sister in-law and she’s pregnant. That’s right. She’s my brother’s baby momma. Which means I’m going to have a nephew in February and I’m so stupid excited I could jump up and down squealing (again). She’s having a baby shower this weekend and my mother and I are driving down to attend. Also exciting (and risky since both of us are a little bit neurotic and panicky when it comes to traffic).

(pretty gorgeous for a pregnant girl, huh?)
And that, my friends, is what I was thankful for today!
What made you grateful today?
xo,
Chels

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it's only november 2nd and i'm already planning on ruining my goal to eat better this month... i HAVE to make those cookies, thanks a lot:)