Monday, June 28, 2010

Quizzical

Is that a word? Anyhoo, I have been tagged by my lovely Miss Rox of The Sixty Forty {one of my super faves}. It seems like a fun night to do a little get-to-know-you, so here we go!

1. What's your staple, go to meal?

Three words: Stir. Fry. And Holla. ‘Cause it’s that good. Seriously, though. What could be easier (or more delicious) than fresh veggies and chicken in a spicy Szechuan sauce? I’m going to say nothing.

2. What do you want to be when you grow up?

A mom. An entrepreneur. A performer. A counselor. A friend. A teacher. And so many things in between. 

3. What book are you reading at the moment?

Currently I’m reading the book of Job and also a book called Lost Women of the Bible: The Women We Thought We Knew by Carolyn Custis James. {sigh} I know. Big nerd.

I’ve also been forcing myself to read Breaking Dawn for about the past six months and holy cow it’s horrible… but for some reason I feel like I must…..finish……. the series… no matter how painfully awful it is.

4. How do you relax?

Thrift stores. It’s no secret that I’m a thrift store junkie. Also, I love to hike which might not sound relaxing, but when you make it to the summit and look down over what you’ve accomplished, it’s such an awesome feeling. Bear and I have started a tradition where we take along small journals and write something at the summit each time we finish a hike. I love it.

5. What color are the interior walls of your home?

Living/Dining, Guest Rooms, and Hall Bathroom: Valspar's Cliveden Sandstone )(3007-10B). It’s a gorgeous neutral that takes on the characteristics of whatever accent you pair with it.

CIMG0402

Hallway: Martha Stewart Colors Cottage Shutter (MS332)-- a fantastically bright turquoise

SANY2423

Master Bedroom: Eddie Bauer Home Craftsman Bungalow Mercer Colors- Mercer Blue (EB32-2)- a warm and relaxing cadet blue

SANY2930

Kitchen:Valspar's Filoli Ginkgo Tree (5006-4B)-- the most luscious green

CIMG0572

All trim, baseboards, cabinetry, and fireplace: Valspar’s Du Jour (7002-6)- beautiful and smooth off-white.

And that’s the ballgame.

6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?

Thrifting and gritty gunslinger movies like The Departed and Boondock Saints. I can’t get enough!

7. What time is bedtime and getting up time?

We’re usually in bed by ten since Bear has to be up at 4:30a.m. (!!!!! crazy, I know) and I’m up by 6-6:30 on week days and 7 on weekends.

8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)?

Well, it’s kind of hard to gauge. I try to read while i eat breakfast every morning, but with my iPhone I’m always spending my spare minutes flipping through my google reader. There’s just so much inspiration to be had!

And one more question that I got in my formspring!

Anonymous asked, “Are you ever going to turn RDR into a brick and mortar shop?”

It’s tough to say, really. Oklahoma city is a tough place to have a creatively driven indie business. There’s a very specific market for it, and it’s difficult to get the right real estate to cater to that market. For now, I really just like the idea of being able to do everything online 24 hours a day! Thanks for asking!

Got some more questions? Leave them in my formspring!

xo,

Chels

No comments: