I thought we’d do a little getting-to-know-you session today! I always wonder about the secret lives of the bloggers I read, so i thought I’d share a bit about me!
I also have a formspring on the bottom left sidebar if you have any questions!
1. I’ve lived in Oklahoma all my life. I love it here. The people are better than any place I’ve ever been. But I haven’t always loved it here. I wanted to move away to New York and be on Broadway when I was in high school.
2. I work as an Administrative Assistant as my day job. I am the assistant to the Vice President of a third party claim administrator. I really love my boss and my co workers. It’s rare to find that in an office job! I spend most of my day running various reports and errands for my boss, and the other part I spend printing claim checks and delivering to different people. I run around our three floors more than anyone else! I’m sure people probably just think I wander around all day because I’m constantly going up and down the stairs or elevators!
3. I met my husband online. Remember when everybody had a xanga? Well, we did too. And we were part of the same Damien Rice music group and instantly fell head over heels for each other, although neither would say it because we felt weird about the whole “we-met-online” thing.… we had been talking as “just friends” for about eight months while he was deployed. When he got back to the states, he was making a road trip down to Texas to see a friend and decided to stop in Oklahoma City and have coffee with me since it was en route… he ended up staying for about three days. Then he stopped by again on his way back to New York and stayed for a few more… And before we had ever seen each other in person again, we had decided we would have to get married or the world as we knew it would end. Approximately nine months after we met in person for the first time, we were married at a little chapel. Three months after that, he deployed for fifteen months. He’s been back for well over a year now, and we love being in the same place finally. He’s my favorite person in the whole world… and it all started on xanga.
4. I secretly dream of being a singer in a blue grass band. I know…. embarrassing but true.
5. I always thrift alone. I just hate feeling like I’m being rushed. Thrift stores take A LOT of time to sift through, and it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I like to browse in peace and quiet.
6. I’m 5’6”. It works for me.
7. I sing on my church’s worship team. I love it. We love our church so much. Go here if you want to know more.
8. Someday I would like my official title to be Work-from-home Mom, Photographer, stylist, and online vintage shop owner. Clearly I will need XXL business cards.
9. We haven’t been able to use our master bathroom since day one of living in this house. But that’s all changing. SLOWLY. But surely.
10. Lucy’s “birthday” is on Labor Day this year!! We got her on September 6th, so we’ve officially made that her “birthday”! Come back to celebrate on Monday!
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little about me. Now ask away! You can even ask anonymously!