Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wrapped Up

I’m wearing a bun today, which probably wouldn’t be exciting for anyone else, but it is for me! You see, my hair is plenty long enough, but always too thick to wrap into a pretty coif! I’m serious. I even had hairdressers in high school refuse to do my hair the way I asked for our winter formal because it was too thick! So the fact that it is wrapped tightly and securely into a little bun makes me quite happy today.  Especially since it was not cooperating otherwise which was what made me throw my hair up in the first place. It’s polished enough for work, but just messy enough that I don’t feel like a ballerina (I’m sure with my luck it will get messier throughout the rest of the day, too!)

 DSC_0004 (2)

I’m pretty pleased. Will it hold? We’ll find out. It’s pretty humid here right now, so I’m betting no. But let’s pretend, yes? If you see me on the street later and I’m wearing a hat, you’ll know…

What do you do with your hair on days when it will not cooperate?

xo,

Chels

3 comments:

Donna said...

I wish my hair was long enough to put in a bun, maybe two or three more months.

Annie said...

My hair is SO THICK too! The last girl I went to was like, "Seriously, you have the most hair I've ever seen. It's ridiculous!" I was like, "Um, I know. I live with it." Yay for buns! I'm thinking about putting mine in a wad for the day...

Brooke Ann Dove said...

Yeah, I'm part of the ultra thick hair club, too. My new favorite tool are the Goody spin pins, but I have to use bobby pins on top of that... I am rockin' the bun today too, so good luck!