Wednesday, July 14, 2010

In keeping with our rainbow theme…

Think of the possibilities you’d have with a space where you could feel totally free to splatter paint everywhere and paint stars on your kitchen cabinets and use every surface of your home as a test canvas… It’s funny, really, because it just occurred to me that I DO have this freedom, if I choose. Bear and I own our house.  We could paint Van Gogh’s Starry Night all over our walls and no one could tell us to stop. And as much as I’d love to, I never will….
Isn’t it strange that we who are homeowners truly do have this freedom, yet regardless of the desire we might feel to be this out-of-the-box with our designs, we don’t take advantage of the fact that our entire house is a blank canvas?! Maybe actual restrictions aren’t the problem. Maybe it’s all mental.  And maybe I’m about to go all Wassily Kandinsky on my walls. We’ll have to see.
{side note: I used this Wassily Kandinsky painting as a mural in my bedroom when I was in high school.

yeah, I was cool like that. My mother just recently painted over it. Sad day. I’ll have to have her send a picture so I can show you.}
I hope you’re enjoying your Wednesday. Go out there and enjoy the rainbows. Like this guy.
xo,
Chels

1 comment:

Meaghan @ Urban Farm Designs said...

I L-O-V-E these images!! Great post!