Thursday, August 12, 2010

4 simple goals

Lately I’ve been noticing a trend in my life: I’ve been allowing myself to fall into a funk really easily. Rather than stepping back and appreciating the ride, I’ve simply been wishing the chapters away! Then I saw Elsie’s 4 Simple Goals Challenge and I knew it was perfect timing!  Who says resolutions are just for New Years? So here are my simple goals.

1. Take pictures every week.  These should be pictures of everyday things. Pictures of my life. What I DON’T need are more pictures of my dog (although she’s seriously adorable…) and pictures of inventory don’t count (because I’ve already got hundreds of those.) What I really want are more pictures of Bear and I together.  (psssst…. I’m in the market for a more serious camera… What are your suggestions? I’m leaning towards Nikon!)

2. Practice a more regular sleep schedule. I want to wake up at 6:30 every weekday morning, and go to sleep by 11 p.m. every week night.  I’m one of those people who is seriously affected by my sleeping habits (read: I throw tantrums when I’m sleepy. I know.) I just need a more regular sleep schedule.

3. Visit a new local restaurant and/ or shop every week.  This is a big one for me. I absolutely love the cool, young, artsy movement that’s happening in Oklahoma City right now (yes, here in OKC) but I have yet to really get myself involved in it. I want to get out there and meet the people who are doing cool things in our city! (Bear and I are starting this tomorrow night at The Wedge

4. Work out four days a week. A few weeks ago I tried heading straight to the gym after work for a few days, and I LOVED how empty it was! I didn’t have to wait for a machine, and I got my choice of tv channels. It was great.  But then my running shoes needed to be cleaned and I got out of my (short-lived) routine. I really want to start doing this again.

5. Audition for a musical. I have been on stage my entire life. I’ve really missed performing since I graduated from college, but there’s an audition for a musical that I’d like to be in coming up soon and I think I’m going to go for it!  I haven’t been in a real show in about a year-and-a-half (despite being on stage a few times a month at church) so I’m super excited to be taking this on again!

So that’s it for now. Keep it simple! You should play too! Post your goals and then link back to Elsie’s post! I cant’ wait to see what you guys can do!

xo,

Chels

9 comments:

Leah Brunner said...

sounds like you have some great goals!
speaking of cameras, I have been saving up for a nice one. I'm leaning towards a Canon rebel EOS. they compare to the D6000 Nikon I believe?
I have a canon point and shoot that I love and it's user friendly. I know a lot of people that use the rebels and their photos turn out great!
Nikon photos are great as well though.
guess I'm not much help

Sandra Valerie said...

ohw i am so excited! i hope you get to the musical and go to the fancy restaurants and and and! i follow your blog definitely!

Proverbs 31 Woman said...

Don't forget the Beatnix Cafe!

Nicole Ioma said...

love your goals! I'm planning on participating too, so I'm glad to see other people joining in =) good luck!!

Mel said...

Oh, you have to visit the Paseo area again!! It's been a while hasn't it? Is it still up and coming?

I'm too chicken to go to the gym alone but have started walking the trail at the local park. But, it's mighty toasty these days.

I like your Goals though!

Unknown said...

this is great... your goals sounds very doable, i like that:) i always seem to set unrealistic goals for myself, then i don't follow through and am bummed. i need to follow you and set some manageable ones, especially the photo goal! it's just so easy to take pictures of our adorable dogs:)

red dirt revival said...

Leah- I've heard really good things about the Canon Rebels. A lot of my favorite bloggers use them! Let me know what you think of it!

Thanks, Sandra! I'll let you know how the audition goes!

Good luck, Nicole! I can't wait to see how we all grow through this!

Lauren, our dogs are just too cute. That's the problem!

red dirt revival said...

Leah- I've heard really good things about the Canon Rebels. A lot of my favorite bloggers use them! Let me know what you think of it!

Thanks, Sandra! I'll let you know how the audition goes!

Good luck, Nicole! I can't wait to see how we all grow through this!

Lauren, our dogs are just too cute. That's the problem!

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Hmm this 4 goals is a good thing. Dudette, I am with you on the regular sleep schedule and I must do it b/c I have to start working out in the am! So that covers 2 of my four goals right! Hope you're doing great Chelsea! Saw your tweet abt the car doors and I knew I had t come and visit you!! Enjoy your Sunday!