Lately I’ve been noticing a trend in my life: I’ve been allowing myself to fall into a funk really easily. Rather than stepping back and appreciating the ride, I’ve simply been wishing the chapters away! Then I saw Elsie’s 4 Simple Goals Challenge and I knew it was perfect timing! Who says resolutions are just for New Years? So here are my simple goals.
1. Take pictures every week. These should be pictures of everyday things. Pictures of my life. What I DON’T need are more pictures of my dog (although she’s seriously adorable…) and pictures of inventory don’t count (because I’ve already got hundreds of those.) What I really want are more pictures of Bear and I together. (psssst…. I’m in the market for a more serious camera… What are your suggestions? I’m leaning towards Nikon!)
2. Practice a more regular sleep schedule. I want to wake up at 6:30 every weekday morning, and go to sleep by 11 p.m. every week night. I’m one of those people who is seriously affected by my sleeping habits (read: I throw tantrums when I’m sleepy. I know.) I just need a more regular sleep schedule.
3. Visit a new local restaurant and/ or shop every week. This is a big one for me. I absolutely love the cool, young, artsy movement that’s happening in Oklahoma City right now (yes, here in OKC) but I have yet to really get myself involved in it. I want to get out there and meet the people who are doing cool things in our city! (Bear and I are starting this tomorrow night at The Wedge
4. Work out four days a week. A few weeks ago I tried heading straight to the gym after work for a few days, and I LOVED how empty it was! I didn’t have to wait for a machine, and I got my choice of tv channels. It was great. But then my running shoes needed to be cleaned and I got out of my (short-lived) routine. I really want to start doing this again.
5. Audition for a musical. I have been on stage my entire life. I’ve really missed performing since I graduated from college, but there’s an audition for a musical that I’d like to be in coming up soon and I think I’m going to go for it! I haven’t been in a real show in about a year-and-a-half (despite being on stage a few times a month at church) so I’m super excited to be taking this on again!
So that’s it for now. Keep it simple! You should play too! Post your goals and then link back to Elsie’s post! I cant’ wait to see what you guys can do!