Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Headboards: love ‘em or leave ‘em?


I’m not normally one for matchy-matchy rooms, but I LOVE the fabric on this headboard! (and paired with the kelly green walls?! Amazing.) I’m particularly jealous because we can’t really have a headboard in our room. Because of the way our little mid-century ranch house is laid out, all of the walls in our master bedroom have windows, which gives me lots of gorgeous natural light, but very little space for a headboard above our california king bed! 
Do you have a headboard? Or are we the only people in the world who are over the age of 16 and still headboard-less? Are you using something super cool and creative for a headboard like an old door? Or a bookshelf? Spill it!
In other news… it’s raining. No seriously. I’m pretty sure the earth is just soaking it right up because it’s been so thirsty around here, but it’s honest-to-god raining outside my window and I LOVE it. 
How’s your Tuesday so far?
xo,
Chels

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

You're not the only one. We're headboard-less too, but only cause I can't decide. But...I'm working on it!

sarah said...

Here's my headboard story:

When I was a child, my parents got me a fancy-schmancy brass headboard for my bed. Once I became a surly, depressed adolescent, I got rid of it (too girly and happy looking) and was headboard-less for almost 20 years. But after a few years leaning against walls and curtains, I caved in and bought a $50 headboard from Target, which we are using today. It's very low-profile and unobtrusive, but at least I feel like an adult.

Mary @ stylefyles said...

I love and could leave headboards. For me, it totally depends on the style of the room. I totally love this photo, by the way and you're right the fabric on the headboard is AMAZING. Actually, I love all the fabrics used in this room...the curtains and bench too!

I've been wanting to DIY my headboard, since I just have the metal framed bed from Ikea...not my idea of style. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. But maybe....someday....soon =)

red dirt revival said...

Mary, I've seen some really great DIY headboards!

Anonymous said...

LOVE