Monday, August 23, 2010

Goal #1

Take More Pictures. Check.

This past weekend, I was finally able to purchase a new camera. I went with the Nikon 3000. After much research, a million questions to my sister in-law and other photographer friends (and maybe a tantrum because the D90 was too expensive…) I decided this would be a good entry level camera to get me started- and I must say, I’m super impressed!  I’m still learning how to use it, but I had a chance to play with it a bit this weekend around the house.  So here are some pieces of our weekend!

We might as well own stock in Dunkin Donuts 

DSC_0006

DSC_0008

DSC_0009 

I added a little heart to my collection (the turquoise one):

 DSC_0016

And rearranged the shelf my grand-daddy made:

DSC_0023

Sweet Lucy:

 DSC_0027

Office still life (you know, instead of cleaning it…):

 DSC_0030

DSC_0031

 DSC_0032

Ryan made the most amazing barbecue chicken pizza! (Lucy followed him around waiting for him to drop something)

 DSC_0042

 DSC_0047   

 DSC_0060

Updated our mantle display:

 DSC_0072

Wore a pretty vintage scarf and dress to church:

 DSC_0075

Lucy waited:

DSC_0081

And made a yummy italian dinner of spaghetti, tossed salad, and garlic bread:

DSC_0089

DSC_0092

 DSC_0094

The perfect way to end the weekend:

 DSC_0099

How was your weekend?

xo,

Chels

5 comments:

Leah Brunner said...

Lucy is so cute and fluffy, I just love her!
great photos, looks like your camera is amazing! and I'm super jealous, I am still saving for mine :p

Sam said...

how exciting! i want a DSLR camera so badly. yours takes great photos!

Unknown said...

you're making me hungry! those donuts and pasta look so good!!! my weekend was very similar... donuts {a must when garage saleing} on saturday morning, then the bf and i had "date night" in our backyard. i set up a little picnic on the grass and made us some yummy salmon! i wished i wouldn've taken pictures too!

red dirt revival said...

Leah, keep saving! you'll love it!

Thanks, Sam! I highly recommend doing your research and saving up for one. They're great.

Lauren that sounds like such an awesome little date night! Our new tradition is making a pizza and watching a movie that one of us wants the other to see. For instance, this week we watched "Gone baby, Gone" because Ryan likes it and really wanted me to see it! It's so fun!

Nans said...

Seeing pictures of your weekend (taken with your AWESOME new camera!) made me miss you guys a whole freakin lot. Are you ready to move yet? Oh and bring some of that bbq chicken pizza with you too.